I recently attended a webinar co-hosted by The Sierra Group Foundation and the Pennsylvania Developmental Disabilities Council. It was titled "5 Signs Your Doors are Open to Employees with Disabilities - Keys to Inclusive Cultures."
Here is a snapshot of the conversation:
1. Make sure your building and technology are accessible.
2. Foster a culture of inclusion - especially language.
3. Express your commitment to inclusion through PR and Marketing materials.
4. Leverage national and local resources to communicate inclusion.
5. Develop inclusive policies and practices within your organization.
I recommend watching the webinar, which is available online. Click on the link below - the webinar is half way down the page.